WHAT: This panel discussion focuses on SMEs, startups, and their interaction/collaboration with academia. Discussions will revolve around what it takes to build a successful tech company, conduct joint research activities involving academia and SMEs, lessons learnt, success stories and much more. All this from senior researchers, industry experts, and high-profile entrepreneurs belonging to NEWCOM# and its broader community.
WHO: The panel is organized and will be chaired by Prof. Polydoros (UoA). It will count with a number or renowned speakers, both from the industry and academia; local, European and from overseas too:
- Andreas Polydoros, Professor, University of Athens (Greece), Co-Founder of TrellisWare Technologies, San Diego, CA (USA).
- Andrea Goldsmith: Professor, Stanford University, CA (USA), Co-founder of Quantenna Communications and Wildfire Exchange, CA (USA).
- Marc Almendros: CEO, Signadyne (Spain).
- Yves Lostanlen: CEO, Siradel North America (Canada), Adjunct Professor, University of Toronto (Canada).
- Oscar Carrasco: CTO, Sistelbanda (Spain)
WHY: This event is mainly addressed to SME’s, startups, large companies, and other actors in the innovation community that are active in the broad field of wireless communication products and services.
WHERE: The event will be held on Oct 14, 2015 (16:30-18:00), at the Hotel Plaza (Barcelona).
HOW: If you plan to attend, either physically of remotely (connection information will be provided at at later stage), please, fill out this registration form on or before
*** October 9, 2015 ***
Attendance to this panel discussion is free of charge.
Registration is first-come, first-served.
The number of virtual and physical seats is limited !!!